Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Spring Reading Thing Update

Well, I got a bit off track. I picked up the first book in the Redemption Series (Karen Kingsbury) and well, five books later . . . I'm now on the second book in the follow up series. So, the number of books read is pretty close to the number of books on my list, but I fell far from that list when I started this series. Kudos to Karen Kingsbury for grabbing me and not letting go. In fact, I'm just taking a quick break from reading to post this update and then back to the book! The first series focuses on the lives of the Baxter family. Their ups and their downs, their good decisions and their bad decisions, their real life situations and feelings . . . you start to feel like you've known this family for ever.

So, I have to say "thank you" to Katrina over at Callapidder Days for this challenge. It didn't finish the way it started, but it was worth it. I have read more books in the last two months than I have read in a really long time . . . and it feels great!

I'm keeping my list on the side so that I remember to go back to it when I finish this series. I do want to read these books (as most of them are still stacked on my nightstand). Hopefully I can still get to them this summer so that I all ready with a new list for the Fall (that's my hint that I'm totally in if Katrina does a Fall Reading Thing).

I know I have more to write about my reading, but I've got to get back to my book now . . . it's at a really good part and I just have to know what happens!

5 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

So glad you found an author/series that pulled you right in -- one of the greatest joys of reading! Looking forward to seeing you for the fall challenge. I'll definitely be doing one!

Christi said...

Love your list - great job on your challenge!

Barbara H. said...

Karen's Redemption series pulled me in, too -- I forget when I started it, but I finished it and just this spring finished the Firstborn series that followed it plus the first book in the Sunrise series which followed. that. She is one busy (but good!) writer.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Nise' said...

Yep, love Karen's books! Be sure to read Redeeming Love.

Pam said...

I so love Karen Kingsbury, too. I am now caught up with the Baxters until she releases Summer in August. It's almost addictive! Glad you enjoyed them, too.

Thanks for stopping by my giveaway: )