Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Stepping Forward

Yesterday in our weekly staff meeting, we talked about the passage of Scripture that tells us of Mary Magdalene going to the tomb before it was light out. We talked about those times in our life when we step out in the darkness, knowing (or at least trusting) that God is there, He has a plan, and it's good.

Part of my plan for this blog is to help me journal about the here and now - the ordinary, daily things - so that I can look back at times of darkness and be encouraged about where God has taken me and what he has taught me. I intentionally used the word joy in the blog title to remind myself to not use this blog as a means to vent out the bad and ugly, but to use this blog as a way to see God's goodness and faithfulness in my life.

Now that I've said that, I can be held accountable for the entries. Yes, I will have bad days; and yes, I may even blog about them . . . but in the end I will also take the time to pray (even ask forgiveness, if needed) and use those days to grow in my faith.

I do have to put a plug in here for Nitty.Gritty's web site. Her recent posts on finding joy and living in the ordinary days have got me thinking. Thanks!

No comments: